Thursday, 12 September 2013



 Ex-Minister goes back to school

 Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’i, who was among the nine ministers relieved of their positions by President Goodluck Jonathan in a cabinet reshuffle on Wednesday, says she will be going back to the university to teach.

She, who handed over the affairs of the education ministry to the Minister of State in the ministry, Chief Nyesom Wike, as directed by the president, told newsmen that she would be going back to continue with her job as a teacher. Before her appointment as a minister, Rufa’i was a professor of Curriculum Studies at the Bayero University, Kano.

“I called you here to witness the handing over because as you are all aware my tenure as minister has expired along with eight others. “I am going back to resume my job as a professor of Curriculum Studies at the Bayero University Kano, that is where I came from on secondment. “We should know that a time like this will come because if it does not, death is surely an end.” She expressed gratitude to the President for the opportunity given her to serve as a cabinet minister. “I have enjoyed a close working relationship with the President.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment